Thursday, March 19, 2020

F-ing Millennials

I've been watching the television series "The Magicians" and in one episode there is a thousand years old dragon who says "Fucking millennials!". I just can't help smiling when she does, been around for a millennia or so and still todays millennials are the worst compared to previous generations.

Today I was inclined to utter the very same phrase. On my way home from the local diner I met a friends 20-yearold daughter and after exchanging a few words with her I realized she was standing way to close for comfort. She told me she and her boyfriend both had been sick for almost two weeks with cough and fever, she thought it might be covid-19 (the disease caused by the corona virus). When I met her she was going to the local convenience store.

Thing is, following the advice of the authorities she should not be gallopping around the village but stay at home in isolation until two days after the symptoms are gone. Instead she runs off to the store spreading the disease and putting elderly people at risk when her parents who live just a couple of hundred yards/meters away could and should go to the store for her. In fact one of her parents is unemployed and have all the time in the world to help the daughter.

Fucking millennials!



No comments:

Post a Comment