Monday, September 21, 2020

Escape

I guess it's time to move on, time for an escape to greener pastures. After a lot of thinking and soulsearching I have come to the conclusion that if I want the blog to take off I need to move to another platform where using services like Bloggportalen, services that require tracking codes to be implemented, is possible as it seems there is no likeness of this being made available at Nouw.

Next up will be to canvas the Swedish platforms to find which one can provide what is needed to compete with all other platforms, quite possibly I might even set up a new domain at my current web hosting provider where the company website is already hosted. As it is now only 10 precent of the visitors originate from Nouw anyway, the rest come from my own efforts promoting in social medias.

This ain't my first rodeo. I have been blogging for more than 15 years, between 2010 and 2018 I published what became Scandinavias largest rock blogs with over 80,000 unique visitors every week when it peaked, it ranked in the Top 10 in Sweden (all categories combined) and as it combined rock music and food it achieved becoming one of the three most influential food blogs in Sweden as well (2014).

In the fall of 2018 I decided to switch focus to photography only and a year ago realized that a blog still would be needed for visibility and marketing purposes, that's when I ended up with Nouw. At that time it was possible to include widgets with tracking codes and the new MetalPhoto blog began climbing, when the platform was changed it came in as number 8 in the catory Photo & Art. After the change the module for widgets is nothing more than a copy of the link module. Today the blog can't even be found in the ranking lists. All thanks to not being able to include tracking codes. Needless to say new visitors found the blog through the listings which hasn't been happening since May when the change came about and the blog dove right down into obscurity.

Keep visiting for updates on the coming escape so you won't miss the move.




No comments:

Post a Comment