Thursday, September 24, 2020

Getting close

Looking forward to new adventures in the world of macro photography, yesterday I won an online auction and secured a set of macro extension tubes for a fraction of the cost of brand new ones. It's not the big earnings that will make you rich, it's the small spendings. Although I'm already using a couple of short telephoto lenses with macro, one even with progressive macro, with these tubes I'll be able to convert the smaller lenses to macro lenses as well.

The real reason for getting them tubes though is to allow my eager student, my fiancé wanting to learn photography, to dip her toes into the macro pool without having to purchase a whole new range of expensive lenses.

I'm not really new to the world of macro though, already with my first system camera back in the seventies (a Minolta SRT-100x) I used similar tubes to make macro lenses out of regular MC/MD Rokkor lenses.




No comments:

Post a Comment